The SEP VMware vSphere solution offers functionality unsurpassed by the competition. SEP communicates directly with the VMware API to back up snapshot images of virtual machines without the need for clients/agents. The SEP GUI enables system administrators to customize their backup solution to meet the specific needs of any business.
Agentless technology automatically displays the VMware hosts/guests in the GUI, simplifying planning, management, and execution of the automated backup processes. You simply enter your vSphere username and password and a list of all VMware hosts and virtual machines auto-populates. VMs can be dragged and dropped into any backup group schedule.
Changed Block Tracking (CBT) allows you to schedule incremental backups of snapshot images on an ongoing basis. If backups are saved on a NFS share, you can spin up VMs directly from the copy of the backup, thus, completely eliminating downtime – no restore is required.
- Agentless Technology
- Restart VMs directly from backup, completely eliminating any restore times and downtime
- Changed Block Tracking (CBT) creates full or incremental backups options
- Full integration in the SEP GUI
- Restore to other hosts, HA clusters or pools
- Disaster recovery synchronizes VMs to a cluster or pool offsite
- SAN-ready backup strategy
- Convert between Virtual and Physical servers [V2P and P2V]
- Take snapshots of any VM with any O/S supported by VMware tools
- Full support of ESX/ESXi backups through a VCB proxy, VADP, or hypervisor
- Single-file restore for Windows VSS, Linux/UNIX
- Supported VMware Environments:
- vSphere 6.x
- vSphere 5.x
- vSphere 4.1
- ESXi 6.x
- ESXi 5.x
- ESX(i) 4.x
- ESX(i) 3.5
SEP VM Essentials for VMware
Harness the same powerful enterprise class backup and disaster recovery engine for a reduced cost. SEP VM Essentials delivers socket-based licensing that affords you the ability to realize significant backup software licensing savings. A socket-based approach allows you to optimize the number of VMs without having to worry about the size of your datastore.
SEP VM Essentials offers unlimited backup to disk, tape or cloud with unlimited deduplication, replication and restore features. SEP VM Essentials is designed to meet the needs of small businesses, with up to 6 CPU sockets, that face the same challenges as larger organizations.
VM Essentials Features
- Restart VMs directly from backup, completely eliminating any restore or downtime
- Unlimited VMs, Deduplication, Replication, Encryption
- Single file restore, snapshots and image level backups
- Automated warm standbys either onsite or offsite for Business Continuity
- Full and incremental backup options through Change Block Tracking
- Backup and granular recovery of snapshots
- Back up any database – SQL, Exchange, Oracle, SAP, SharePoint, and more