SEP offers efficient, scalable and easy-to-use tools for Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments that go beyond simple virtual machine backups and create a solution to optimize any environment. Managing Hyper-V data protection has never been easier than with SEP’s integrated dashboard that simplifies the planning and execution of automated virtual backups by displaying available VMs and power statuses.
- Full integration into the backup environment
- Single File Restore
- Resilient Block Tracking (RCT)
- Restore and replicate VMs onto the original or alternate system
- Open-file Backups
- Windows VSS Snapshots and file consistency with VSS
- Encryption (stream, media)
- Unlimited number of VMs are supported
- Small Backup Footprint
- Exchange, SQL, SharePoint Aware
- Cluster Support
|Hyper-V Server 2016|
|Hyper-V 3.0 Server 2012 R2|
|Hyper-V 3.0 Server 2012|
|Hyper-V 2.0 Server 2008 R2|
|Hyper-V 2.0 as a role on Windows Server 2008 R2|
For a comprehensive list of supported Hyper-V versions, visit our OS/Hypervisor support documentation.
SEP VM Essentials for Hyper-V
Harness the same powerful enterprise class backup and disaster recovery engine for a reduced cost. SEP VM Essentials delivers socket-based licensing that affords you the ability to realize significant backup software licensing savings. A socket-based approach allows you to optimize the number of VMs without having to worry about the size of your datastore.
SEP VM Essentials offers unlimited backup to disk, tape or cloud with unlimited deduplication, replication and restore features. SEP VM Essentials is designed to meet the needs of small businesses, or small virtual environments, that face the same challenges as larger organizations.
- Restart VMs directly from backup, completely eliminating any restore or downtime
- Unlimited VMs, Deduplication, Replication, Encryption
- Single file restore, snapshots and image level backups
- Automated warm standbys either onsite or offsite for Business Continuity
- Full and incremental backup options through Changed Block Tracking
- Backup and granular recovery of snapshots
- Back up any database – SQL, Exchange, Oracle, SAP, SharePoint, and more