WIKI - Restores by State 4.0
|| THE CONTENT OF THIS PAGE IS OUTDATED
| SEP AG has discontinued support for obsolete SEP sesam versions. Instructions are still available for these SEP sesam products, however, SEP AG accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies in the instructions or for the incorrect operation of obsolete SEP sesam software. It is strongly recommended that you update your SEP sesam software to the latest version. For the latest version of SEP sesam documentation, see documentation home.
Restores by State
This window displays restores that have been performed using the same Filter- and Selection Options just like they are displayed for backup tasks. However, the columns in the result tables are somewhat different.
By selecting an active restore task from the table and by clicking the button Cancel a running restore can be stopped. Any data transferred before the Cancel command stays on the target system.
Properties of a finished restore
- Name of the backup job
- Name of the user
- Size of the restore in bytes
- Restore Type
- Full restore or selective restore
- Tree Type
- Hierarchical or flat
- Overwrite, not rename
- Used Labels
- List of used media
- Detailed status report, e.g. Restore was successful
- Latest status, e.g. successful
- Backup Task
- Name of the backup task
- System interface that was/were used
- Location of the target computer
- Name of the target system
- Disk Drive
- Number of the used disk drive
- Backup Count
- Number of the used backup task
- Start Time
- Start of the backup
- End Time
- End of the backup
- Path of the restore
The expert options that were entered in the restore wizard are displayed here.
- Passed options, e.g. higher loglevel "-v 3".
- Reduction Path
- Passed reduction path. e.g. "/usr/opt".
- File Filter
- Repeat of the optional file filter, e.g. z.B. "*.c".
You will find reports and logs regarding the restore in the restore protocol/log files.
- Reports for the Restore-Pre-Interface, run before the restore began.
- Reports for the Restore-Post-Interface, started after the restore finished.
Leave us your information and we will reach out to you shortly!
FREE 30-day trial of SEP sesam, including full support.
You must be logged in to download.
Browse videos from SEP's YouTube channel.