WIKI - Media Actions by State 4.0
|| THE CONTENT OF THIS PAGE IS OUTDATED
| SEP AG has discontinued support for obsolete SEP sesam versions. Instructions are still available for these SEP sesam products, however, SEP AG accepts no responsibility or liability for any errors or inaccuracies in the instructions or for the incorrect operation of obsolete SEP sesam software. It is strongly recommended that you update your SEP sesam software to the latest version. For the latest version of SEP sesam documentation, see documentation home.
Since SEP sesam version 3.6 there is beside the option to initialize the readability check option and the explicit close tape option (block by EOL) of a medium. Hence there is a separate view to these media actions.
Adjust a new medium
The status values of a new adjusted medium can beside of the table view show separately. Select the desired table item and click the button Properties.
- Media Pool
- Media Number
- used labels
- Current state of the media action
- Name of the task that was performed
- Name of the device server that operated the adjustment process
- The drive has operated the adjustment
- Cycle Number
- Start time
- Adjustment has been started
- Stop time
- Adjustment has been finished
- Exclude List
- Items that were excluded
- Make additional notes
Readability check of a medium
You can view the details of individual media by double-clicking or selecting the medium and clicking the button.
- readcheck means readability check of this medium
- shows the state of the operation
- Name of the medium that was checked
- The device server on which the readability test took place
- Start time
- When did the readability check start?
- Stop time
- When did it end?
- Additional information about the state of the operation
- SEP sesam unique ID of the action
- Planned for
- date on which the medium was checked
- Total number of read checks that were performed on this medium
- Priority of the action
- Media pool that contains the medium
- the drive that added the medium
- On physical drives the device ID of the operating system is diplayed. On virtual drives the SEP sesam logical drive no. is shown
- The average throughput of the entire check process
- Session ID
- Number of the read 64kByte blocks
The readability test protocol of a medium contains the following information:
- When the readability check was executed
- On which device the medium was checked
- The SEP sesam label of the medium
- The last time the medium was initialized
- The read throughput every minute
- Information of the stored savesets on the medium
- Display all segment marks of the tape
- State of the readability check at the end of the protocol
Leave us your information and we will reach out to you shortly!
FREE 30-day trial of SEP sesam, including full support.
You must be logged in to download.
Browse videos from SEP's YouTube channel.