SEP offers efficient, scalable and easy-to-use tools for Microsoft Hyper-V virtual environments that go beyond simple virtual machine backups and create a solution to optimize any environment. Managing Hyper-V data protection has never been easier than with SEP’s integrated Graphical User Interface (GUI) that simplifies the planning and execution of automated virtual backups by displaying available VMs and power statuses.
- Full integration into the backup environment
- Full integration into the management interface
- Restore and replicate VMs onto the original or alternate system
- Open-file Backups
- Windows VSS Snapshots and file consistency with VSS
- Encryption (stream, media)
- Unlimited number of VMs are supported
- Small Backup Footprint
- Exchange, SQL, SharePoint Aware
- Cluster Support
- Supported VMs: any O/S supported by Hyper-V
- Backup Methods: Hot, Cold
- Backup Types: Full, Granular, Image-Level
SEP VM Essentials for Hyper-V
Harness the same powerful enterprise class backup and disaster recovery engine for a reduced cost. SEP VM Essentials delivers socket-based software that affords you the ability to realize significant backup software licensing savings. A socket-based approach allows you to optimize the number of VMs without having to worry about the size of your datastore.
SEP VM Essentials offers unlimited backup to disk, tape or cloud with unlimited deduplication, replication and restore features. SEP VM Essentials is designed to meet the needs of small businesses, with up to 6 CPU sockets, that face the same challenges as larger organizations.
SEP VM Essentials Features
- Restart VMs directly from backup, completely eliminating any restore or down time
- Unlimited VMs, Deduplication, Replication, Encryption
- Backup and granular recovery of snapshots
- Back up any database – SQL, Exchange, Oracle, SAP, SharePoint, and more